Monday, January 28, 2013

Freezer-->Crock Pot/ Sausage and Peppers

Freezer to Crock Pot Meals!

I needed a way to cook meals for our family but still get home later in the evening, so over the holidays I started researching options for meals that can be prepped, frozen and then plopped in the crock pot! 

I did most of my research on Pinterest. I am horrible because I didn't copy the sites and now I can't find them, but I usually alter recipes I find to make them my own anyway!

Here's what I have so far:

Sausage and Peppers
Ingredients:
·        Italian link sausages [I used chicken sausage without nitrates!]
·        1 green pepper
·        1 yellow pepper
·        1 onion
·        1 tsp. minced garlic
·        1 can stewed tomatoes
·        1 tbs. Italian seasoning
·        Drizzle of evoo

Directions:Put in freezer bag: sausages, peppers, onion and garlic.
When you are ready to cook:place contents of freezer bag in crock pot with can of stewed tomatoes, seasoning and evoo. Cook on low 6 hours or high for 3-4.
Serve with Pasta or Bread.
 
Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment