Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bills organized!

I started putting all my bills in a binder this year. I've been notorious for letting them all pile up and then having to go through them when i need to find something. Big pain!

Here's my method. I feel better (more at peace) already!

Each bill gets opened and put on the calendar on it's due date. When I pay it, I write the check # or payment method and the total paid. Then I put each bill in the binder behind each months' tab. That way, next year at tax time I can just pull out the stuff relevant to taxes and put the rest in a permanent file and start again.

I also keep all the stuff I need in a pouch...calculator, stamps, address labels, pens, etc.

I like visuals and I like to be able to see where my $$ is going. This way we can track it and see how we can save $$ in other places!

Peace!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment