It's snowing and I can't/ don't really want to go anywhere...so it's a good day to SEW! I've been really into decorating for the holidays lately. Partly because I was blessed with the most amazing gifts for Christmas that are extremely versatile and lovely and can be transformed for every possible event/ holiday! (Thank you, PartyLite!) But, I can't do anything too girly, so sewing wall hangings and table runners is my thing right now...I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I don't like to follow patterns...I just wing it. If you are a quilter, you would know that my assembly is terrible, but if you don't know any different, I look extremely talented!
So, I am working on Valentine's Day Decor...Here's what I've done so far...
1. Cut up fabric. The main blocks are 8x8 inches and the little squares 2.5x2.5 inches.
2. This is what it looks like laid out...
3. The center pieces sewn togerther.
4. Assembled with borders...
5. The hearts added to the blocks...
6. The complete front...
It isn't done as the sewing machine just tweaked out and I don't know how to fix it...but here are some pics.
Soon I will do a similar one for St. Paddy's Day and then I have a brainstorm going on for Spring/ Easter...but it seems pretty complicated, so it will take some time.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment