I started with a boxed cake mix--Triple Chocolate. I ALWAYS add a box of pudding mix to my cakes...makes them moist and yummy. There is nothing I hate more than dry cake. I baked them up in 8" round pans.
I whipped up some peanut butter frosting. To do this, you make a basic butter frosting recipe (from Betty Crocker Cookbook) and add peanut butter!
I put a layer of frosting on the first cake. Then I sprinkled a generous layer of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (cheaper than peanut butter chips and much more tasty). In order to sprinkle, I ground them up in my food chopper! Gotta love Kitchen Aid!
Then I placed the next layer on top of that and lathered frosting all over! Does anyone have a tip on how to do that without making a huge mess and bringing up pieces of cake?
After that, I poured some chocolate glaze around the edge...just because and then sprinkled the top with a bit of Reese's.
It looks delicious! I am not sure if I will partake since I am trying to be gluten free. It might be worth the cheat! We will see.I'm sure Matt will love it! He licked the spoon from the frosting and he LOVED it!
Looks yummy!
ReplyDelete