Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Live, Love, Grow!

Another "weekend" craft...actually done during my snowed-in time as well.  I cannot tell you why I made these, but there may be a surprise redecorating project in the works?!?!?!

I took supplies I already had laying around to create this masterpiece:
  • frames (1 large and 2 small)
  • fabric
  • paper scraps
  • glue
  • paints
  • Mod Podge (I am loving this stuff lately!)
Here's what I did:
1. Empty wooden frame...this one is from Ikea and is meant to be decorated similarly to this project.
2. I covered the frame with beige fabric and adhered it to the back with hot glue.  Staples could work too! Then I gave the fabric a few pops of color with acrylic paints.
3. Then I glued down the pieces one by one spacing them just so and making sure not to repeat the same pattern too close together!
 4. While waiting for that to dry, I prepped the other pieces.  Frames also from Ikea!  I bought these little wire things at a local home decor store and haven't found a place for them.  I thought these would go well with this project.
 5. These are just pieces of paper cut to fit into the frames and then I mimiced the same design on them as the big frame above.
 6. I painted the wire a beige color rather than the black that it was.  Then I stamped the words on the paper-pieced art.
 7. After the pieces dried into place, I Mod Podges the whole thing.
 8. This is the finished project.  I think it turned out pretty good!
 Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment