Seattle is a different world when it comes to snow, however. You would have to experience it to understand. I have a developed a severe hatred for something I used to love and appreciate! Don't get me wrong...it is still beautiful, but I hate it!
For the past 5 days, it has snowed almost non-stop. The snow is wet and heavy as the warm air from the Pacific mixes with cold Canadian Rocky air coming down from the Frasier River (at least that's what the weather people say). It is treacherous as the majority of Seattle, as well as the surrounding communities, is built on hills.
It has been pretty, but yesterday, the snow turned to freezing rain and now everything is coated in a smooth sheet of ice. The trees along our street, and everywhere else I am sure, have more weight than they are keen to bear. I heard two thunderous cracks from our backyard (or a neighboring yard, I cannot yet tell). The people across the street have a tree on their house! Although, it appears to not be causing too much of a disturbance, it has definitely damaged their gutter and roof. Matt's little car has become enveloped by our lilac tree that usually stands tall in the front yard.
And, our power just went out. Awesome! I was in the midst of writing this blog and bleep...it went out. So, I just changed all of the above to past tense and am continuing now.
I took a walk this morning to see what the world looked like...layers of white frosting everywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment