This is a project my mom bought the supplies for and I went ahead and did it for her while she crocheted my some slippers when they were here visiting in July! Ben Franklin Crafts had it on display, so we recreated it.
Here's what you need:
Canvas
Map
Paints
Stickers
Wire
Needle
Glue
Wire picture thingy in any shape desired
Here's what I did:
-First, I traced the wire map shape onto a regular paper map (another reason why beign a AAA member is worth it...free maps for...your travels or crafts!)
-Then I painted the background to kind of look like water.
-Then I glued the map down.
-Then I mod podged the entire top and let it dry.
-Then I wrapped wire tightly around the edges and center of the wire map to hold it down, just in like 6 places.
-This is the finished product. Mom's gonna hang it in her motor home and put pics & postcards from places they visit.
Fun, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment