Saturday, July 28, 2012

GO TEAM!

I've been looking for a way to celebrate our favorite teams here in the Konrad household...and I think I found it!  As many people know, my husband is obsessed with Alabama Crimson Tide Football.  We named out dog after their head coach!  But, I am an huge Seattle Seahawks fan, so I decided to make a half and half wreath!

I used the idea of the fabric strips, but I only used ribbon.  Here are the ribbons I used, plus some organza shiny stuff that I found in the cheap bins at Joanne's.  I cut each ribbon into 7 inch strips and tied them around a metal ring.
Then, I painted the appropriate letters to say which teams we love (BAMA and HAWKS).
Then I carefully adhered the letters to the matching side of the wreath.
And, this is my finished product.  I didn't have a wreath for my wall for the rest of the summer, so this is what we will be using to get us excited about the upcoming football season and who knows...maybe it will go somewhere permanently.
I am pretty proud of how this one turned out.  I was a little leery with the two color schemes and the fact they they kind of don't go, but my Christmas decor at those colors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment