Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY Fabric Strips Wreath

Due to Pinterest, I have recently formed a love affair with wreathes!  And Just for your information, I am one of those people that needs to be busy.  Busy with my hands.  It calms and distracts me. 

While I was at the hospital waiting for my mom to undergo and recover from her recent surgery, I worked on this.  It was the perfect project.  I didn't need a lot of space.  It was methodical and rhythmic--relaxing.

Here's what you will need:
  • A wire hanger
  • several strips of 1"x7" fabrics of coordinating colors (approx. 150)
  • wide ribbon
That's it.  Amazing!

Here's the how to:

1. Unwrap wire hanger and form it into a circular shape.  This takes some manipulating, but eventually it will be right.  I used a bit of tape to secure the connection, but it would have probably stayed if I had just started tying fabric to secure it.
2. Then start tying fabric. Just tied them all in the same direction and spaced them out in a pattern so that the same color wasn't repeated too close.  Kept tying until the wire hanger was completely filled.  Then I tied a few more around just to give it some more body.
3. Loop a wide ribbon around and tie a bow at the point at which you would like it to hang down.
Happy St. Patrick's Day Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. that turned out cute. Now I want one. You are so talented. Vickie M came and spent some time with me today.

    ReplyDelete