We have a severe lack of kitchen space and our actual kitchen cabinetry included 1 small drawer. I refinished an old dresser and book shelf last summer to add some storage. Then I found another dresser/ hutch and altered it to add more storage.
Still, we had very little drawer space and I am a chef, so I have many utensils that need happy little homes. So, after seeing this idea on Pinterest, I decided to give my larger utensils a bit more room to swim and place our silverware their our place to blossom!
Here's what you'll need:
Small-ish flower pots
spray paint
cork fabric
buttons
string
scrap paper
hot glue gun!
1. I found flower pots at the dollar store. They had big, ugly floral decals on them so I chose spray paint in coordinating colors and sprayed away! You can't even tell they had prints on them!
2. I picked out various buttons of matching colors to put on the rim to give it a little zip!3. Then I tied the tag I made by stamping the letter of the utensils that belong in this particular pot (s=spoons, f=forks, k=knives) around the rim as well. I tied a bow. Really, you could step any extra decorative steps if you wanted, but I like my things to have a little personality!
4. Then I added a layer of cork to the bottom with hot glue as well. This is so that the pots don't slip around or stick to the surface of the buffet upon which these beauties will sit.
Here's the finished product. I think they turned out CUTE! Thanks Pinterest!
Remember to bloom where you are planted!
These turned out really cute. Great job. Upload them to pinterest.
ReplyDelete