Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well, Hello Mr. President...

Over the long weekend, we started many a project and completed a few...

Here's what my "TO DO" list entailed, not in any particular order of importance:
1. Build kitchen table
2. Finish kitchen storage project (for lack of better terminology)
3. Work on wall decor
4. Build garden boxes
5. Attend a Saturday appointment
6. Shop/ buy kitchen chairs (seeking the mix-matched look)
7. Write a letter to a dear old friend

First of all, I want to acknowledge that when it comes to home improvement, one never knows exactly what they are doing.  One may THINK they know what they are doing. They can plan, measure, make lists, etc., but as soon as one commences said project, one realizes that he/she needs just ONE more thing from a local hardware store.  Thus, one makes a trek to the store and purchases said item, and often a few others that deem themselves worthy.  Then, upon returning to reintegrate into said project one realizes...there is still something missing.

What a metaphor!  No matter how much we are prepared, it is quite possible that we are never completely prepared for what life throws our way.  However, we have a choice to make do with what you have (even if that means that things may be done incorrectly or with inadequate supplies), to persevere and push through and make it right, or to give up.  I'd like to think that I am the sojourner that perseveres, but I am sure when times have called that I have fallen into any one of the three.

With that said, I had a list and I love nothing more than to check things off my list, so I pushed through to the best of my ability and we made many a trip to Lowes and/ or Home Depot over the course of our project-filled weekend.  I'll just say that we averaged 2 trips a day and sometimes more!

I will blog about each project independently.  Enjoy our creative vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment