Monday, April 22, 2013

Bird-Brained Bizarre!

What do you get when you find a panel of fabric in your favorite colors AND your favorite decorative motif?  A new quilt planned around that panel of cuteness for our guestroom!!!

What a labor of love!  I knew that I had a timeline and I needed to finish before I went to Montana on our trip to visit the grandparents...so, I was on a mission.  I drew the pattern, figured out measurements (all around the middle "tree" square), found more options for filler blocks (see all the posts on the Farmer's Wife blocks) and forged ahead without hesitation.  I wish I knew more techniques and how better to make things look professional, but I got a complement from grandma, so I think I am on the right track. :)

Note: The quilt in the picture is hanging on my grandma's clothesline outside their cute little house.  The old wooden building in the background is the shack that my grandfather lived in from the late 1940s until the early 1950s or so.  There is a top row of blocks folded over as well, so it's a bit longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment