Monday, April 22, 2013

Freezer to Crock Pot

One of the things I've struggled with since getting my new job is time management. Mostly because a couple days a week I am gone for about 11-12 hours. I only work for 8-9 but I spend a lot of time in the car. I have felt very inadequate as a wife, unable to provide meals for Matt on those days. It's hard because this is the most amazing job I've ever had but being gone so long each day was starting to produce anxiety.

Around the end of November, God really told me that peace can be mine. As with all of the Fruit of the Spirit, we must choose to access these gifts in times where we could choose, or would normally react with, the opposite. God told me to choose it and it could be mine! It was so clear. So, this is one way that I am choosing peace--the good ol' crock!

I found a bunch of recipes on the internet and Pinterest for freezer meals. All I have to do is let it thaw and add it to the crock pot!

I made 12 meals on a Saturday afternoon. I'm pretty sure I could do it more cost effectively, but this was my first time!

Here they are:
Beef Fajitas x2
Chicken Teriyaki x2
Pork with Apples
Sausage and Peppers
Beef Stew x2
Chicken with Cilantro and Lime x2
Beef and Broccoli x2
Most will be served with rice or pasta

Now my freezer is full and my peace of mind is appeased!





No comments:

Post a Comment