Tell me what's so great about picket fences
Paintin' them is such a mess
And a big back yard where kids can play
I'd probably never get a moments rest
And setting the table for five at five
Only means more dishes to load
What's so great about picket fences
I guess I'll never know
I used to reflect on this idea when I was younger and still single. I used to envy my friends who started families young and wondered if it would ever happen for me. Well, Matt and I are going on two years married in July and we are having some fertility issues. (Prayers appreciated!) It makes me really think about being thankful for what I DO have and not always thinking that there must be something else/ more. I have had many friends who have walked gracefully through this same struggle so I feel like I am handling this hurdle a bit better than I might have otherwise. I just keep remembering, which is something we can all benefit from, that "the grass is greener where you water it!"Well, I made a craft, also pulled from Pinterest! It is a reminder to be thankful for the green grass RIGHT WHERE I AM!
Here's what you need:
tuna cans, cleaned (I used canned chicken cans, bigger than tuna. I think if I did them again, I would have used regular tuna cans!)
clothes pins
spray paint
anything you might want to use to decorate them inside or out
Here's what you will do:
1. Adhere clothes pins all the way around the edge of the can.
2. Spray Paint the entire thing in a desirable color.
3. Let dry.
4. Decorate.
No comments:
Post a Comment