I've always said that the top of a mountain, creek side in a quiet meadow, or a beach are the most peaceful places to sit, commune with one's self and one's creator. Over the past year, however, I've driven through the Palouse a few times and every time my breath is taken away with how beautiful and peaceful it is. It's been like a fast acting phone charger but to my soul.
The Palouse is the rolling hills in central&eastern Washington that is atop the Columbia Plateua. It's vegetation consists of tumbleweed, tumbleweed, and more tumbleweed, with some other assorted crops throughout. The sunsets are spectacular, the deer are majestic against the sub setting backdrop and the old barns and grain silos are a connection to simpler times. I miss simpler times, and I didn't even live in them! The Palouse is a natural patchwork quilt, cultivated by generations of hard-working frontiersmen and women.
I still live the ocean and mountain tops, but this Palouse is quickly surpassing some of those sights as the perfect peaceful place!




No comments:
Post a Comment