I just joined our community's Buy Nothing Project--a way to give freely things you no longer need and express your needs to see if someone in the group has it to give. My first find is this table and chairs!
I built a table a few years back, but it was my first major carpentry project and it had some quirks. I have been wanting to fix it/ make it a little sturdier. But to add more robust legs was going to cost a fortune. So, I jumped on this table and set out to refurbish it to suit our set-up.
I found this idea on Pinterest. {http://brittaswiderski.com/2013/09/refinishing-101-used-to-modern-dining-table/} I LOVE it. And I already had most of the supplies on hand! Win-win!
I changed it up a bit though. Here's what I did:
Step 1: Clean and Sand (top)
Step 2: Stain (top) & Step 3: Seal (top)
Step 4: Clean and Prime legs
Step 5: Tape and Prime Table










No comments:
Post a Comment