I love the idea of taking something very ordinary and truning into something fun and functional! I've been wanting a quilt rack, but all the ones I have seen in the old days are big, bulky and only hold a couple blankets.
I found this idea on Pinterest. http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2013/12/10-wooden-blanket-ladder.html
Her how-to is pretty good. I will just say that I would have made it taller and spaced out the crossbars a little more. I tried, but someone cut my wood pieces a little off, so we had to adjust. :) Maybe I'll make anothe
Also, the sanding process is pretty intensive if you are planning on using it for nice blankets, you won't want any snaggy bits. I may have gone overboard on the stain too, because I had to do a lot of sanding after I stained. I think if you do a lighter layer, it would have been less time consuming.





No comments:
Post a Comment