Friday, March 14, 2014

Garden Hose Wreath

This one was so fun! As soon as I saw it on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it! It's springy and gardeny and whimsy and I love it!

Here's what you need:
-length of hose (I used a ling hose and cut it into thirds--where I live, Fred Meyer was cheapest, $10.99 for 50ft.)
-hose hardware ($12.00 for 4)
-spring florals from the Dollar Tree
-gardening gloves from the Dollar Tree
-ribbon ($4.00 for 4 yards, cut in thirds)
-bird (I'm obsessed with birds, been putting them everywhere! $3.00 for three)
-glue gun & glue sticks

TOTAL COST: $12.50 per wreath! Wooohoo! Way cheaper than store-bought! 

Here's what I did:
1. I cut the hose into three segments.
2. I gathered the hose in the approximate spot where I would be gluing in the florals with one of the twist-ties that came on the hose!
3. I put hose hardware into the ends that were cut. Since I cut the hose into three segments, the two original end pieces had hardware, but the other four needed additions. You could probably skip this step if you don't care about it looking like a real hose?!?
4. I trimmed pieces of the florals and arranged them on the side of the wreath.
5. Then I placed the gloves (fanned out a bit) on top of the flowers, thus hiding any stems poking out!
6. Lastly, I added a ribbon bow ad the bird in the sprigs of flowers!
And voila! Lovely finished product! 






No comments:

Post a Comment