This is a knock off of a scrapbook page I made eons ago. I decided to make an Easter wall hanging. The back is a great turquoise blue, to represent the sky. It's about 20x20ish.
Then, I just started cutting pieces for the body, the ears, the inside of the ears, and the tummy. I just ball parked it, but you could pre-draw patterns if you weren't sure how big to make them. I would do that on wax paper and get a general idea of the lay of the land. I used greens and yellows for the boy bunny and pinks and turquoise for the girl.
Here's what that looks like half-way through.
At this point, you use wonder under or heat and bond to adhere all the pieces to the background fabric. Then I machine stitched around the edges (fast appliqué).
Once you have that, you can start to add embellishments! I added buttons for the eyes and nose, as well as the boy's shirt. I made a string of beads for the girl. I made a bow-tie for the boy and a hair bow for the girl.
Then you can stitch in little details like mouth lines, ear accent lines, etc.
Then I added the outside border. This helps fasten the bunnies down.
Afterward, I decided to add a strip of fabric that was scrunched up in order to make it look like grass.



No comments:
Post a Comment