Sunday, February 9, 2014

Winter Wonderland...

It snowed. Snow in Seattle equals quarantined to your home until the great melt-off. I know this seems silly to those of you whose lives can continue with feet of snow, but Seattle snow is wet and Seattle is a city of hills. So, if you want to get anywhere without taking out a neighbor's fence or the community's transformer, we walk or opt to stay home.  I guess I could invest in X-country skis...that would make a trip to the store a but quicker! With that, I haven't left my house in 3 days. I don't do well is such circumstances, so I've been trying to keep myself entertained...sewing usually does the trick. As I was pulling down the Christmas decor, Matt suggested that next year we decorate in Seahawks colors only...the grinch suggests we decorate in a particular motif--I jump! Absolutely, we can decorate in all Seahawks colors! That gives me an excuse to do more projects! I spent a few days looking for quilt blocks that looks like snowflakes. Thankfully, my class provided a good start! So here I am working on providing my husband's request...
Snowflake pattern on L: Block 1 from Lonestar Pizzazz by animas quilts.
Snowflake pattern on R: resized Swoon block by Thimbleberries.




No comments:

Post a Comment