Monday, September 2, 2013

SAMISH ISLAND

I think Matt and I might have a new favorite place!  We were invited to spend the weekend with our Goode friends in early August at Nathan's family cabin in Samish Island, near the San Juan Islands.  We had a lot of fun, but I think Saben had the most fun!

While we took walks, Saben went fishing.  She really enjoyed finding oyster shells.  She was the happiest medium-sized puppy out there!
We checked out a Whiskey Distillery.  Interesting tidbits learned: A small whiskey barrel costs about $200.00 and they only use it once.  That's crazy! 
We ate this DELICIOUS cheese!
We walked around this little town called Edison.  I loved this pic because of the afghan hanging in the window at the top.  It reminds me of my great grandma, Elma Mydland.  She was a precious little lady.
I just liked the name of this store and the fact that there was a huge nest on it's sign.
 
And, you can't forget to have ice cream!  Yum! 
We also ate a lot of CRAB that weekend.  This is us going to throw out the pots!
 
Beautiful, Washington summer sunset.  Love me some ocean and sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment