Monday, September 2, 2013

July Block--The CENTER!!!

This month was so fun!  We took the mosaic stars we made a few months ago and made a border for one.  This will become a center mosaic piece for the entire quilt.  The border is mainly made up of "hourglasses" and "birds in the air".  Different people call them different things.  I am so consumed with learning all of these new blocks and techniques. When I showed it at class, my teacher said it was exquisite!  I was pretty honored to receive such a compliment.

 
At this point, we are so far along that I couldn't resist laying out the blocks I have to see what it's going to look like as it comes together. I am so excited to have us a new, humongous picnic blanket!!!
 
You can DEFINITELY see the light, medium, and dark variations. Quilting is so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment