Friday, June 14, 2013

LOG CABIN BLOCKS

Oh my!  These are said to be easy, but personally, I found them to be monotonous!  (Sorry Grandma for making you make me one of these back in 1998!)  I personally like things that come together a little quicker and have the gratification of a finished product a bit sooner.  With these, the cutting AND the sewing took what felt like an eternity!  Thankfully, my mom helped me cut the darks, so I only had to cut 1/2!  She rocks! 

Nonetheless, my quilt block of the month class required us to make them!  36 of them!  At this point, I have 28 done...and 8 more to go.  Once I have them done, the count for the entire quilt will be at...57 done, 7 more!  I feel the end is near!  What an exciting accomplishment!

Just a side note, I am pretty excited that you can see the variation of shade (dark center diamond, lighter corners edges!) when the blocks are laid out together.  When I was looking at them individually, it was hard to see!  Phew!
This is actually what the corners will look like...! Lighter stripe through the centers of the corners!  So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment