Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My FAVORITE Holiday: July 4th!

I am not sure why, but the 4th of July is my favorite holiday!  I love it because it is a time to get together and share special moments, without the pressure of cooking a fancy meal or delivering the perfect gift.  In fact, it is a good time to reflect on the abundant blessings we have as Americans and how we can contribute to the blessings of others!  And, I have a fond love of rustic decor and red, white and blue!

Here's a couple crafts in honor of our freedom!

Supplies:
  • Wreath form
  • Ribbon
  • 12" x 12" sheets (scraps) of scrapbook paper
  • Ruler
  • Paper cutter
  • Bone folder
  • Double-sided tape
  • Buttons, assorted
  • Hot-glue gun
Here's what to do:
1. Cut a sheet of paper into 6 pieces, each measuring 4" x 6", for large medallions. (To create a medium-size one, use 3" x 6" sheets, and for the small size, use a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" sheet.)  Each medallion takes two pieces of paper so if you want 3 of a particular pattern, you will need 6 pieces.

2. Fold each piece of paper going across the length of the paper in accordion-style. Use a bone folder to sharpen creases.
  

3. Fold each pleated piece of paper in half.  I tied the two halves together with a short piece of string.  Then, using double sided stickies, or glue, adhere all the separated spaces together to form a circle. Gently spread pleats apart.
 

 

 

 


I made approx 12 of each size for my wreath.

4. Starting with largest medallions, hot-glue each to wreath in an attractive pattern. Continue with medium and small sizes until wreath is covered.

 


5.  Lastly, add a button to the center of each medallion.



The finished product!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Next time I will have to loan you my SU Simply Scored platform.

    ReplyDelete