Saturday, October 10, 2015

Baby Quilt

I wanted to bless a friend with a cute quilt for her new baby. She's a stylish chickadee with impeccable taste, so picking some trendy fabrics was fun! I love blue, yellow, and gray, and she specifically requested the orange and chevron.

I drew up a simple pattern.
The plan included large squares of chevron interspersed with 9-patch.

My nine patches were made from 3"x3" squares.

Then I started sewing them together...
How cute are those little Forrest creatures?!?!

Then sewing rows together...

I originally planned 5 blocks by 7 blocks but the size was getting away from me, so I just did a 5x5 square with a simple one inch border and then a 5 inch border with cornerstones made of a 4 patch.
Some machine quilting and some ties!
A quilt isn't finished without a label.

I love how it turned out! Here's hoping she and baby do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment