Monday, October 28, 2013

Sept/Oct/Nov Blocks

I continue to learn so much about quilting as I finish the yearlong journey that has been the Amish with a Twist quilt.  I have learned the precision absolutely matter.  I have learned that grace is necessary for many parts of life, but expecially for quilting.  Those two lmost contradict themselves, but I find them both helpful and necessary reminders as I venture further down this path.

This month, I shared with someone that I quilt and they were surprised by it.  They had assumed that quilting is a thing of the past and I assured them that they could not be more wrong.  Quilting has a cultish following.  People do it and do it well.  There is pride in their creations and generosity in their hearts.  I love that I can go to class on any given day and absorb wisdom and pointers from a plethora of more experienced devoted quilters.

These are the final three blocks of my 104"x104" Amish quilt.

Bear Paw

 
Double Wedding Ring

 
Tea Cups and Saucers

I should start putting the whole thing together soon!  64 of 64 blocks done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment