So, I saw this craft idea on Pinterest a few months ago and now it is a great time to make it! Here it goes.
You need:
- board
- paint
- wood chips (small wood circles)
- eye screws (local hardware store)
- jump rings (found in the beading section of your craft store)
- markers
- ribbon
1. I painted the main board and the wood chips.
2. Then, I drilled 2 holes, opposite one another, in each wood chip and the main board for hanging.
3. I chose to paint a tree. I finger painted, literally. But only because I don't have paint brushes! I just dabbed my finger in the paint and then gently touched the board. I think this turned out pretty cool, especially the blue bird! It makes me laugh.
4. Then I screwed in the eye screws. You will need 12 of them and depending on how large your wood chips are, you will need to space them accordingly.
5. Then I organized each month's chips and wrote the name, date of birth/ date of anniversary and year on each chip, making sure to keep the holes on the top and bottom of the chips.
6. I added the wording. I stamped the word "FAMILY" and then I wrote out birthdays and anniversaries. I also wrote the abbreviations of each month above the eye screws. Some of the written part is very faint. I need to get a thicker marker.
7. Here is the finished product!
I'd like to think this will help me to NEVER forget another family birthday again...but seriously, I probably will, so please forgive me (us) in advance!
I have always wanted to do this!! Good for you for doing it!!! Hugs!!
ReplyDeletecute idea!
ReplyDelete