Supplies Needed:
Foam wreath
grass
ribbon
lots of plastic Easter eggs (variable sizes or uniform)
glue gun and glue
Here's the HOW TO:
1. Purchase a foam wreath form at whichever size you would prefer from whichever craft store you would prefer. We have a HOBBY LOBBY now, so I went there. And, it has a "Made In America" stamp. It impressed me. Sorry, I am weird!
2. I bought a pretty big bag of pull-apart grass in a "friendly" color and began adhering it to the wreath form to just cover it a bit. This might work well with felt or fabric too.
3. I slung a coordinating ribbon around the wreath to serve as a hanger. I bought this one from the $1.00 bin at Michael's and I think I got 25% off if I am not mistaken. I LOVE a good deal!!!
4. Then I began to glue eggs on, carefully spacing them out so as to not allow same colored eggs to touch. (Something about the history teacher in me and all those political maps I colored with my hundreds of students!) I found a bag of 42 large eggs at Walmart for less than $2.00 and a bag of 24 small eggs at Hobby Lobby for 87cents! I used all of them...66 eggs! There are a few small gaps that I think I will eventually fill in but it looks great as is too!
Finished Product!
I like it a lot and it was WAY cheaper than any store I've seen them in. They retail for 20-30 for this size. Mine was about $7.00!
No comments:
Post a Comment