Sunday, August 2, 2015

Strips with Flowers Quilt

This one us soooooo cute! When I saw it on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it! Plus, it's super simple, and therefore, fast!



Sew various STS strips together so that you have around 60 inches in length. Your quilt will then be trimmed width wise to the smallest selvage--probably about 40 inches. I quilted the layers together here just with simple lines following the strips every 2 inches or so. Here's the backing with a label! (A quilt isn't finished without a label, they say!)

Then you make these adorable flowers. I just eyeballed them and sewed a 2" circle onto a 3" circle and then keep adding layers of circles til you have about 5"-6" bottom circles. I sewed the outside edge to the next layer and then sewed the outside later of that one to the next and so on...

Then I appliqued the stems and leaves with my machine and added the flowers! 
Here's the finished product. Made for a baby girl in the family!
Pieced by Christina Konrad.
Quilted by Christina Konrad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment