Saturday, March 21, 2015

Charming, Wonky Star Quilt Block

Found this block on Missouri Star quilt Co.!  This is the idea: http://youtu.be/eMoE5-q1lP4

But then I found this idea on Pinterest...
...and I absolutely lived that it had a uniformity about it with the white starts in the middle of each 9-patch block.

So...I combined the two and made charming, wonky blocks for my makeover quilt!

So making the wonky star is pretty simple, but you do have to pay attention...
A. Sew a corner onto a colored block by laying it right side down through the center of the fabric block.
B. Press out.
C. Trim to colored block size
D. So it looks like this...
E. Repeat A on the other corner--these form your points to the stars!
F. Repeat B-D so it looks like this!

Then you sew row by row, and then sew the rows together, like any 9-patch.

Then this is what you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment