Saturday, February 2, 2013

Quilt Block Holder

Brilliant! I learned this trick at my monthly quilters meeting this morning and I just knew I had to make one! The object is so that you can store your already-made quilt blocks flat and not have to keep ironing them.

So, you need a foam core board, a fastener and some fabric!

You take a 32" piece of fabric. Line up selvage to selvage. You sew it together like a giant pillow case. Figure out which side will need fasteners and sew in before doing the following steps. (I sewed in a button near the bottom and made a hole where it would close on the flap on top.)

Slide in a piece of 15"x15" board and sew a seam at the top of the board.

Leave a space .5-1" and sew another seam.

Slide in second 15"x15" board. Sew a seam at the top if that. Hem up the flap edges and voila!

All ready to store your blocks!





No comments:

Post a Comment